Gluten free, baked fritters with apples, amaranth popping and raisins. Fritters are fluffy, filling and slightly sweet. The addition of rice flour nicely fits the other ingredients. The fritters are good for breakfast, dinner or a snack - home or outdoors :-) In addition, they are simple and quick to make and that is also the reason why I love this recipe.
Ingredients for apple fritters with amaranth:
- 2 medium apples
(about 330 g)
- 2 eggs
- 30 g rice flour
(about 1/4 cup)
- 50 g raisins
(about 2 full handfuls)
If your toddler has not dealt with raisins yet, you can add less (then fritters will be a little less sweet).
- 20 g expanded amaranth
(about 1 cup)
- coconut oil or clarified butter to grease the baking paper
Recipe for apple fritters with amaranth:
- Chop the raisins finely (or very finely for small infants).
- Peel the apples and remove the seed nests.
- Put the baking paper on the baking tray and cover it with coconut oil or butter.
- Put the oven on 180° C with hot air circulation.
- Crack the eggs, put them into a deep dish and whisk with a fork.
- Grate the apples on small holes of the grater. Add into a dish with eggs and mix ingredients.
- Add chopped raisins and popped amaranth and mix.
- Add the flour and mix the ingredients.
- Form fritters on a baking tray.
1 very large spoon = 1 fritter - you get about 10 fritters.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, until golden brown.
Recipe in Polish language: BLW Placki jabłkowe z amarantusem, bez glutenu