Pumpkin - tasty vegetable with many health properties, in addition it is cheap in the season. What more could you want? If you do not like the taste of pumpkin in soups or dinner dishes, you can smuggle it in a sweet version - in pies, cakes, cookies, muffins or porridge. The pumpkin puree from the recipe can be used for a variety of dishes :-)
Pumpkin is full of vitamins, minerals, fiber and antioxidants. It strengthens the body's immunity, has antiviral, anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer effects, and also cares for the digestive system and vision. Still these are not all of its advantages :-)
Ingredients for pumpkin puree:
- pumpkin - any quantity
Recipe for pumpkin puree:
- Cut the pumpkin into smaller parts. Cut out the middle part of the pumpkin, fibrous and with stones. Strip the skin. Cut the pumpkin into medium-sized pieces, they don't have to be even.
- Line the baking tray with baking paper and place the chopped pumpkin on it.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes at 200° C until the pumpkin is soft.
- Blend the cooled pumpkin to a smooth puree.
- Pumpkin puree can also be prepared in a different way - instead of baking the pumpkin, you can steam it. This is a useful solution when you do not want to heat the oven for a small amount of pumpkin.
- If the puree is too watery, you can squeeze out excess water on a strainer lined with gauze.
- Store in the fridge, freezer or preserved.