Tomato sauce from passata (puree)
Tomatoes are very often in our menu, especially in the season. In the off-season, I support myself with shop purees. I like to make simple sauce from passata. This tomato sauce is suitable for almost anything - pasta dishes, rice or groats, casseroles, pizza, as a spread for bread or dipping sauce / ketchup.
The recipe contains garlic, which theoretically should be introduced when about 9-10m, although I smuggled it earlier in sauces. If the infant has not dealt with it yet and we do not want to give it too early, you can skip it or add a smaller amount. Decide for yourself :-)
Ingredients for tomato sauce with passata:
- 500 ml tomato puree (passata)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic - you can skip for the little ones or add a smaller amount
- 1 flat spoon of dried basil
- 1 flat spoon of dried Herbes de Provence
- a pinch of pepper
Recipe for tomato sauce with passata:
- Pour olive oil and puree into a tall pot. Add spices.
- Peel the garlic and crush it into the pot. Mix everything.
- Bring to boil the contents of the pot. Cook on low heat until the sauce reduces its amount by about half or when it will have a satisfactory consistency. For me, it usually takes about an hour or a bit longer, because I put a pot on really low heat (otherwise I have a tomato massacre in the kitchen - the sauce likes to shoot around with small droplets).
- For such boiled sauce, we can optionally add a flat teaspoon of honey (only above 12m).
Recipe in Polish language: BLW Sos pomidorowy z przecieru (passaty)