Coconut-raspberry birthday cake / torte, sugar and gluten free
for first and any other birthday
I made this raspberry-coconut birthday cake for the third year of my daughter. It turned out to be a delicious, light-tasting cake without sugar, perfect without soaking. The cake is based on coconut flour, with raspberry mascarpone cream. I exchanged sugar for maple syrup. The recipe for this cake will appeal to anyone who likes a slightly healthier alternative to birthday sweets.
I admit that creating sugar free sweets has somehow become my hobby, which came along with expanding the toddler's diet. The baking ideas were not always successful, diplomatically speaking ;-) However, this coconut-raspberry birthday cake can be considered a very successful experiment :-)
It is best to prepare the cake at least one day before the birthday party.
I used baking tin with a diameter of 24 cm.
Ingredients for coconut-raspberry birthday cake / torte:
Coconut cake without sugar and gluten:
- 9 eggs
- 375 ml coconut milk
- 120 g coconut flour
- 120 g coconut oil
- 120 g desiccated coconut (without sulfur dioxide)
- 15 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 2.5 flat teaspoons of baking powder bio, gluten-free
- 1.5 tablespoons of lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- 350 g mascarpone cheese
- 450 g cream 30%
- 250 g raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 18 tablespoons of maple syrup
Recipe for coconut-rasperry birtday cake / torte:
- Sift cocont flout and baking powder.
- Mix coconut oil with eggs to a smooth mass (without lumps of oil).
- Add alternately the milk and desiccated coconut and mix. Then add in parts the flour with baking powder and a pinch of salt. Still mixing, add maple syrup and lemon juice.
- Divide the cake mass into three equal parts. Put a baking paper to baking tins with the diameter of 24 cm. Bake at 175 ° C for about 23-25 minutes or to dry stick and browning on top. You can turn on the hot air circulation, especially if baking more than one table top at a time. After baking and cooling, remove the tops from the baking tin (on paper) and leave to further cool. When moving the cake, be gentle and lift it with the largest possible surface of your hands (or you can help yourself with a flat spatula). The cake is not like the classic sponge cake.
- Prepare the cake cream: mix chilled mascarpone cheese and chilled cream to create a smooth, fairly stiff cream. Add raspberries and mix. Still mixing, add maple syrup. Mix to combine the ingredients.
- Put the cake together: three layers of cake with the cream between them and on the top. Fill the cake with the cream on the sides. It's best to divide the cake cream earlier. The cake can be decorated with desiccated coconut, fresh or lyophilized raspberries or any other favorite additive.
- When buying cream, check the ingredients. Choose the cream as fresh as possible, then it will have a sweet taste (the older the cream, the sour the taste).
Recipe in Polish language: BLW Tort kokosowo-malinowy, bez cukru i glutenu